Have you ever tried a product combination because your friend swears by it and her curls are always popping? Only to try the same thing & end up looking like “why?” 😩😂
The first thing we say is “these products don’t work!”
Usually it’s not the product, it’s the technique!
Here are some tips on what you could be doing wrong when it comes to styling your curls.
1. Did you prep? Properly cleansing & conditioning your hair & scalp makes a world of difference in the end result. Make sure you are removing dirt and buildup to make way for moisturizing products. 🏆
2. Are you over using product? Most products for natural hair are super concentrated with rich ingredients such as humectants and oils. For many products, a little goes a long way. Try being a little less heavy handed and work product through with your hands. It will save your style and your pockets! 💵
3. Are you attempting the right styling method for your length? What works for short hair may not work for longer strands & vice versa. Find stylenistas online with similar strands and practice practice practice! 👑
4. When’s the last time you had a trim? A good shape up will help your tresses to cooperate. Getting rid of dead and split ends will save your style, shape your face, and keep you from mop hair! 😂
5. Are you going it alone?!! Consult a stylist. When all else fails find a great natural hair stylist and pay them a visit. They will be able to help you find a style and technique that you can replicate at home. They will also be able to recommend products for your hair. 👌🏾